Job Seeker Overview
How it Works
The Talent Acquisition Portal® (TAP) is led by the Council of State Administrators of Vocational Rehabilitation and The National Employment Team (NET) in partnership with disABLEDperson, Inc. TAP is an online system which includes both a national talent pool of Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) or approved agency job seekers (candidates) looking for employment and a job posting system for businesses looking to hire individuals with disabilities.
TAP was developed in response to the need and demand of businesses who needed access to a centralized talent pool of individuals with disabilities, but who also needed the ability to connect to support at the local, state, and national level. Businesses with multi state footprints can benefit from posting jobs to one place that reaches across the country, and have one place to connect to support of the National Employment Team (The NET) who offer support services around disability employment.
How TAP can assist job seekers
TAP assists job seekers (candidates) through providing them access to an invite only system with employers who are committed to hiring invidiuals on the portal. Job seekers can build a resume or post one, apply to jobs through the site that will give them a unique opportunity to be seen by employers, and participate in virtual hiring events or job fairs.
How to Join
TAP is an invite only system. In order to participate, you must be invited through the Vocational Rehabilitation or other approved agency you are working with. If you are currently working with a Vocational Rehabilitation agency or approved agency and want access but do not know how to get access contact us!
Build a Profile
- Build a profile on TAP: build a resume or copy and paste one, apply for jobs, learn about employers posting on TAP, and participate in any virtual hiring event or job fair.
- TAP TIP: We match you up to jobs, and employers up by the Categories and Locations you select in your TAP account resume. Make sure to include those on your resume to give you a great opportunity to be seen!
Participate in the portal
- TAP has proven success when job seekers and employers are engaged with each other. As a job seeker (candidate) make sure you have a resume added or built, categories and locations selected, and that you are actively applying for jobs!
- TAP TIP: Since TAP is a closed system and invite only, you as a job seeker have a very unique opportunity to be seen by the employers on TAP. Employers can search your resume or see you when you apply to the jobs they post on the portal! Each employer is looking to hire from the targeted audience in the portal, so take advantage of the opportunity!
Virtual Hiring Events and Job Fairs
- Employers from time to time host virtual events on TAP. Be sure to participate! These events have yielded hires on a regular basis!
- TAP TIP: Online Job fairs available at the local, state, or national level. Prior to the event, take a look at the employer(s) participating and some of the jobs they have available. If there is a job you are interested in, be sure to come with questions and ready to impress the recruiter!